Tuesday, April 20, 2010
1. According to director Fred Dekker the film was cut by ca. 13 minutes because some executives didn't want it to run more than 90 minutes.
2. Dustin Diamond had a small role as a kid who tries to sell comic books to the boys, but this was later cut.
3. Liam Neeson was paid for a bit part that was never shot.
4. There is a poster for the Lucio Fulci film Zombi 2 (1979) visible in the background of the club house.
5. The scene where Dracula lifts Phoebe up and she screams was done in one take. Duncan Regehr wouldn't wear his red contacts or fangs around the five year old Ashley Bank because it scared her too much. For the scene, director Fred Dekker just told Ashley to scream once the platform raised her. When she asked, "When?" Dekker told her, "Oh, you'll know," and proceeded to shoot. The terrified scream you hear when Dracula opens his eyes is Ashley's genuine scream of fright.
6. Ashley Bank turned down a role in Fatal Attraction (1987) to play Phoebe.
7. Liam Neeson was considered for the role of Dracula.
8. The Wolfman's face was modeled after that of Stan Winston.
9. In 2006, "Wizard" magazine made a list of the 100 Greatest Villains of All Time, Dracula was ranked as #30 on the list. But, surprisingly, it was for Duncan Regehr's performance in this film. His performance was chosen over all other versions of the character. Regehr's Dracula is still considered to be one the absolute best interpretations of the character.
10. The picture that Frankenstein's monster takes of Patrick's sister undressing in front of the window is actually of a blonde girl in a black shirt.