Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

Blood Creek Review

HorrorBlips: vote it up!

My wife bought me Blood Creek the other night because of my fascination with occult history and I finally had time to sit down and watch it yesterday.
Before I give you my thoughts, I will tell you what the film is about. In 1936, the Wollners, a German family living in rural Town Creek, West Virginia, are contacted by the Third Reich to host a visiting scholar, Professor Richard Wirth. In need of money, they accept. Wirth's grand occult project seals the Wollners off from the rest of the world and makes them players in a horrifying game of survival. In 2007, Evan Marshall's life has stalled at twenty-five years old. Left without answers after his older brother Victor's disappearance from a camping trip near Town Creek, he has tried to move on. But when Victor returns one night, very much alive and having escaped his captors, Evan asks no questions - at his brother's request, he loads their rifles, packs up their boat and follows him back to Town Creek. The film stars Dominic Purcell as Victor and Henry Cavill as Evan. Some of you may remember Dominic Purcell from his role on the show Prison Break. From start to end the movie was action and brutality, and it worked. I can't give away too much of the film because there is a twist at the end that kicks ass. The acting and the plot were both enjoyable, it had my attention the entire 90 minutes and I wan't bored once. I think a lot of people skipped this film because it was directed by Joel Schumacher, Bat suit nipple guy, but don't let his name scare you away from Blood Creek. The only extra on the disc was directors commentary but you can't expect much more from a direct to video release. I hope they make a sequel, I will be first in line.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm I kinda thought it was cheesy. But to each his own....review.

    http://jadedviewer.blogspot.com/2010/01/blood-creek-review.html

    ReplyDelete