Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Problem With Netflix

So I am a little behind the trend and just started my one month free trial with Netflix. Already, I don't like it.
Of course being a horror nut, one of the first things I did was do a search of my favorite flicks. I was alarmed to discover that the majority, especially 80's cult horror films, were only available on DVD. But I don't want to wait for a DVD. I want to watch them instantly on my laptop. The Halloweens, NOES, Friday The 13ths, Critters, Chopping Mall, and many others only have the mail out DVD option. So for $2.00 more a month, which I am sure is to cover postage, I can get the movies I really want to watch. It does not make any sense. I can watch His Name Was Jason instantly, but then have to wait two days to watch Friday The 13th part 4. This is just another reason I miss walking into a brick and mortar video store. Thank God there is a Hastings just down the road. I can get my movies and an issue of Horror Hound.

3 comments:

  1. On the flip side, you can see a shit-ton of movies that are out-of-print on DVD/never got one.

    * The Devil Inside Her- got it.
    * Sugar Hill- got it.
    * Dreamanica- okay, they're not all winners.

    Just throwing that out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too miss the good ole days of browsing in a real life store. Have to also say that I'm sooooo glad that you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jinx, its good to be back. I always hope that video stores will make a come back but I dont think it will ever happen.

    ReplyDelete