Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

Dr. Carnage Is Back!! Midnight Movie Review

HorrorBlips: vote it up!

Hey all! May I first of all say its great to be back on Dr. Goremans. I recently had the pleasure of viewing Midnight Movie.
Now I understand this movie has been available for a while in the states, but has only just been released here in the UK. The story is kinda your typical slasher fare, with a supernatural element thrown in for good measure. A group of friends go to a midnight screening of an old 70s movie, which is inhabited by the director who escaped from a mental ward 5 years earlier via black magic. The kids heckle the movie, but when they recognise one of their friends being killed onscreen, the mayhem really starts! I must say, the first time I saw this movie I didn't think much of it, as the majority of the kills happen off camera(which kinda annoyed me), but after viewing for a second time, I fell in love with it. The killer is creepy, his weapon of choice is a kind of hand held drill, which he wields with great pleasure. The killers mask is also cool, a cracked, bloodied skull. Suffice to say, all the friends are drawn into the movie, and its left to 3 people to find out what makes this killer tick. This movie is old school to the core, and the supernatural element and open endedness of the movie add so much. If you need a dose of slasher mayhem, this doctor prescribes Midnight Movie. I guarantee it'll brighten up your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment