Search This Blog

Friday, February 19, 2010

Interview With Adam Prusan

1. How did you become a film maker?

My father brought out his 8mm camera when I was 7 years old, and I made my first film; a spoof of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde. I've been making films ever since.


2. What other films have you worked on?

Chuckle's Revenge is my first commercial project, but there were many short films before it.


3. How did you come up with the idea for Chuckle's Revenge?

In 2003 I started developing Chuckle's Revenge. I knew that I wanted a killer clown. I had to then work in reverse, building a story around Chuckle, and his reason for revenge.


4. I love the interaction that the viewer gets to have with the movie, was that always part of the plan?

In 1993, I was inspired to make an interactive film, after reading about the potential of the DVD format. After DVD was introduced in the late 90's, I spent a few more years developing the concept.


5. What locations were used for filming?

We filmed Chuckle's Revenge entirely in S. Florida, using local parks and several homes for interiors.


6. How was the cast chosen and what was it like working with them?

I used craigslist to find the cast and crew. For the most part, it was a good experience. However, the production part of any low budget film is usually stressful. There is never enough time to get everything that you want, and there are always unexpected surprises. Working with a group of creative people also involves occasional personality clashes. Overall,
things went very well.


7. Any good stories about the cast, crew, or filming?

The scene where Kristen finds Monica in the shack took about ten hours. It was done in a hot garage in June, with no ventilation. When shooting inside, we never had a fan or air conditioning because of the noise. I later realized that the actors were really suffering. Maybe that added to the authenticity of the scene.


8. What is your next project?

We are working on another episode of Chuckle's Revenge. I'm also writing a feature film. It's a supernatural story that involves a violent poltergeist.


9. What are your favorite horror movies?

The Exorcist, Rosemary's Baby, Night of the Living Dead, The Omen and Saw. I thought Paranormal Activity was great.


10. What advice would you give to someone who wants to be an independent film maker?

I would tell them to find something else to do. It's just too difficult to make a living as an independent filmmaker, unless you just want to do it for fun. I also know that a truly obsessed filmmaker cannot be stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment